Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Evening, June 12

(e-mail from B. Parady)

Not the best of days, not the worst of days.The biggest bugbear these days is the lack of overall progress over time. This was emphasized in the meeting with doctors today. The prognosis so far is that Sabina will not make a significant recovery because of the slow progress since injury.

This is of course what has been weighing on Shelly's heart. I admit that not seeing Sabina do much more than what I saw the last time distresses me. She is storming more but less intensely. She had some bad storms in the last few days that left her a bit more regressed. One comment that struck the doctor, was that I suggested much of the storming may be due to opiate withdrawal. This makes some sense given the increase after the increase in opiod doses. This somewhat jibes with Mayer's offhand comment last week that we need to lift the drugs to quit schlagging her.

I am going out for a second opinion to see where we stand, but am not hopeful at present. I am trying to find some strains of hope wherever I can. I am combing research programs wherever they are to find something--anything--to bring hope. All ideas of treatments that offer hope for storming are welcome.

My prayers are for Sabina's complete recovery, which would be a miracle. Minor miracles to see Sabina respond would be wonderful. I pray for renewed hope for Sabina. I pray for Shelly and her finding hope.

No comments: