Monday, June 11, 2007

Excerpts from Letters

(from a letter by Sabina dated July 8, 2004)

I missed your call yesterday because I worked at Joyce's from 11 am - 7 pm and then went to dinner at Lisa's place. The informal Bible study / dinner she hosts is called "Community Group." We had some really good conversations last night. There's usually about 10 of us there (maybe 11 if you start coming =) no pressure...).

Last night we talked about how some of us feel like there are no modern-day miracles and it is often hard to see God in our daily lives. In Biblical times people rose from the dead, the blind saw, etc. Then I brought up that today we spend so much time being busy and multitasking that it's easy to miss the miracles.

To me, just waking up in the morning is amazing sometimes. How God has helped you is amazing. How God helped me through high school. And the list goes on.

How great is it that something as big and powerful as God works on such a small level as me and you. I mean, there are billions of people out there.

(from a letter by Sabina dated July 10, 2004)

I think I've told you this before, but I feel so lucky. Maybe I just appreciate things more than other people. Maybe I'm easily satisfied. I really don't know. But whether the future is better or worse, I will always love life.

Maybe it's the "artist" in me, seeing life as a lump of clay. With God's help, I can mold it to great things. Sometimes the sculptures fall apart, but there is always that potential to recreate. I guess my metaphor is pretty trite, but I leave the beautiful writing for you to do =).

No comments: