Monday, June 18, 2007

Evening, June 18

(e-mail from B. Parady)

Another evening on the long course. Sabina had a day without storming and had a little storm late today, not much of one really. She did vomit, but had a lot of stuff in her stomach. Shelly started crying and bawling when that happened. Talked to the nurse and it is not much of a big deal.

I saw Sabina today and she cried a bit as we talked. There is a there there. It will take time to bring back what resources are there and we must be patient.

I talked to her surgeon, Dr. Sander Connolly and he is encouraged to see her improvement. Apparently they dialed up her shunt and things got a bit better over the last couple of days. He did acknowledge the fact that Sabina had been in narcotics withdrawal which is the other dimension to the storms.

So I pray for Sabina's continued good care and improvement. I pray for her mother to show her mother's love of the new Sabina, whatever she may be.

I talked to Sabina's pastor in California and we belong to a strongly pro-life church where she was baptized. His view is that to support life at all levels, you need to be with people at all stages of life no matter what their condition or prospect. He assured me of the strong support of the church members through her life, whatever it will be as long as it is in reach of the church.

I offer my prayer to all those in nursing homes who are alone and without friends and relatives. You may want to look to yourself and ask as I am doing: What are you doing for those alone and isolated? That is a concrete way to show your love for Sabina.

No comments: