Monday, June 18, 2007

Prayer from a Friend

(e-mail from Philip Wilson)

Dearest Paradi Family,

My name is Philip Wilson and I was a resident at Westminster House along with Sabina at UC Berkeley. In that time I was able to get to know her from a distance, and her sweet disposition was evident to all around her. Her gentleness shone like a diamond in dazzling sunlight, and her words always carried a kindness and dignity that I truly admired.

My prayers are with you in this difficult time, dearest brothers and sisters in Christ. I believe in miracles, and know that our Mighty Heavenly Father is watching over Sabina and caring for her. I am thrilled to read reports that Sabina is on the road (albeit a bumpy one) to recovery.

Dear Jesus, Divine Physician and Healer of the Sick, we turn to You in this time of illness. O dearest comforter of the troubled, alleviate our worry and sorrow with Your gentle love, and grant us the grace and strength to accept this burden.

Dear God, we place our worries in Your hands. We place dear Sabina under Your care and humbly ask that You restore Your servant to health again.

Above all, grant us the grace to acknowledge You and to know that whatsoever You do, You do for the love of us.

Amen.

I pray the grace of our Lord Jesus and the Fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you. I and my family send you our love and our promise to keep you in our prayers.


With love,

Philip Wilson

1 comment:

iblogelsewhere said...

I lived at Westminster House with Sabina as well. I know there's a tendency to idealize people once something tragic has happened to them, but that just isn't the case with Sabina. She was a genuinely sweet and caring person with a great attitude and interesting things to say. I know all of us who knew her but had lost touch were shocked and saddened by what happened- I for one am still in disbelief. I can't even understand how someone so stubbornly healthy is now in such a completely different state. My heart goes out to all of you who are caring for her now in her day-to-day struggles. Our thoughts and our prayers are with you daily, as we continue to hope for the return of the smart, quirky, kind Sabina we knew.