Friday, April 27, 2007

Evening, March 26

(e-mail from B. Parady)

This morning I visited Santa Clara Valley Medical Center Brain Trauma rehab center. I have only one thing to say: Wow. This is a world class facility with all aspects of rehab from the vent to driver training. Clean, intense, caring, lovely setting. They gave me a complete explanation of coma, where Sabina is, what can be done. The intake nurse gave me more information on Sabina's condition that all the doctors and nurses at St Vincents.

That is really sad.

Now the question is how to get Sabina out of New York. The nurse at SCVMC told me that transportation on a vent was iffy and that she needed to be stabilized. The problem is that I have little confidence that St Vincent's can deliver the care needed to get Sabina transferred. She questioned that they may not be the best facility to wean her off the vent. They could seriously jeopardize her recovery if they botch it.

So my goal is to get her over to Mt Sinai ASAP.

The staff at St Vincent's asked me to buy a hockey helmet. This seems really mickey mouse. This is so that they can transfer her up to the 14th floor for critical care.

So how was Sabina today? Shelly cried.

Please pray for Sabina and that someone at St Vincent's can deliver the care needed to get her out.

No comments: