Friday, April 27, 2007

Evening, March 30

(e-mail from B. Parady)

I just received Sabina's birthday present to me. The summary is: "she responds to commands".

That as many of you know is perhaps one of the big steps in recovery. I watched as Dr Hirschfeld asked her to lift two fingers, blink her eyes and stick out her tongue. The key now is to controlling infection which tends to move her out of responsivity when she fevers.

Kind of hard to figure out how to celebrate. I think I will stay at the hospital during visiting hours to celebrate.

Brain injury recovery is about a series of miracles that unfold as gifts from God. We are blessed on this day. She has moved from up from a deep coma to a nice level for now which is as I read it, not in coma. Still a long way to go in rehab, a nice gift.

No comments: